FOR SALE

Sunday 31 January 2016

Sewing and embroidery...

I've been very busy sewing and embroidering this past week and so thought I'd share some finished items on here.

The first two outfits are a commission and are off to live with a nice lady in the UK.  One Toddler and one Sasha outfit:  The lady didn't want any appliques so tops are plain.

As you can see, Teddy is once again in touch with his 'feminine side' as he models this outfit for me!


 Whilst Nuria as usual looks gorgeous in any colour!



Then between commissions, yesterday I 'played' again with my embroidery hoop on my lovely (I cannot say it enough times how 'lovely' this machine is!!!) new machine.....

The first design is some simple flowers in red and blue which is being modelled by Meredith, a Journey Girl from Toys R Us.  You might remember that when I was in the UK last October I went with my friend Dee to buy a Journey Girl from her local Toys R Us.  At that time they were not available on the Iberian Peninsular apparently.  However, the other day I visited Toys R Us in Malaga and there they were!  It seems that they are now available again in Spain and Portugal, so I decided to buy two....just in case they stop stocking them again! ;)  And the great thing is they are much cheaper here too!  They are £30 each in the UK, €29,99 each in places like France, Germany and Belgium (plus the postage of course) but here in Spain they are ONLY €24,99!!!  Which at today's exchange rate is about £19!!!!  Don't you just love a bargain!

Anyway, I digress, here is the top, I also made the circle skirt and socks to go with it.  These photos were taken today on our usual Sunday morning 'jaunt'. 





Close up of the simple design.  I embroidered it onto sweatshirt fabric.


And the second design which I've made up into a similar sized sweatshirt is of four cute and colourful owls sitting in a row on a tree branch.  This one is being modelled by Claudia from Bonnie & Pearl:



I have also embroidered a Sasha sized sweatshirt which is not made up yet....I am thinking of making it into a full outfit and putting it up for sale here on my blog, so if you're interested, please watch this space!!!

Thanks so much for looking, I hope you've enjoyed seeing my weeks' sewing photos.

I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend so far and that the week ahead is a good one for you!!!  We are off home to Sevilla on Tuesday, after more than 10 months at the coast!  I think I'm going to be doing a bit of dusting before I can start any more sewing, wouldn't you agree?!!!


22 comments:

  1. Lovely outfits. Your take on the circle skirt is brilliant. I usually use a tiny waistband. Love how it looks with a wide waistband. The fabric drapes better. Also loving your embroidery motifs. The scale is perfect. I'm impressed with the detail of the owls at this scale. Did you customize Meridith?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, I'm glad you like the skirt. I found that with the sweatshirt being outside of the skirt rather than tucked in, the wider band or yoke, made it sit better and the skirt didn't get so squashed. Thanks also on the embroidery.
      No, I've not done anything with Meredith apart from take her out of the box. I thought I might but then I thought she was too pretty to touch!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Love all the new clothes Sharon and especially those embroidery motifs , the flowers look great, a good size and the owls are so sweet.
    Will look out for your outfit for Sasha that may appear :)

    Well what a bargain only £20 for the dolls out in Spain, so perfectly right you should get two in case there snapped up by the tourists! ;)
    I cannot believe you've been at the coats ten months! is that the longest you've ever stayed? Hope the dust not to deep when you get home ! :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Dee, glad you like them.
      Yes, a real bargain, and as you say if I didn't buy them then they might end up having to live in a foreign country having been bought by tourists! ;) And they might not like that one bit! LOL Plus I like to think that I'm doing my bit for the economy of my adopted county too right? !!
      Yes, 10 months is definitely the longest, I cannot believe how long it was really. When we first got our place at the coast we used to stay for less than a week each time!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. I LOVE owls so much, I'm in love with your embroidery!!!

    You are so talented, and your dolls look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Fantasaywoods, I'm glad you like it!
      And thank you for your really kind words.
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Lucky, lucky YOU then! TEN months living by the sea! Now wondering if it's worth you keeping on your family town house if you're planning to do this on a regular basis. Would your seaside residence manage to hold all your belongings, little doggies and DOLLS etc?
    Loving the latest embroidery trials and resulting outfits. You're such a clever girl!
    You and Denise are certainly opening up your home to a wide variety of dolls along with my very favourite, the Sasha Dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have discussed the possibility of doing just that Kendal, and living permanently at the coast but Brian says he likes the best of both worlds and who am I to argue! ;) The truth is though that I too love it when I'm down there and then love it when I'm back here too. The two places are so different too. The only bit I don't like is the cleaning, but I guess it's a small price to pay!
      Yes, I think we are both having a lot of fun diversifying our dolly families!
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful outfits! I love them all but the owls in particular
    Bless Teddy - he always was an obliging little soul! Connor is waving to him and says he won't tell Lucas about the modelling assignment!
    Got your eail and will reply tomorrow as I'm having a girly night with my D-i-L - she's trying to teach me to eat with chopsticks in a polite way. Oh, and they have a jacuzzi in their rented flat, need I say more?!
    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Jenni, I'd been wanting to try out that design for ages and am very pleased with how it came out.
      Teddy is such a good boy, I can hardly believe that he is Lucas's cousin, but there you go, he obviously had a different start in life than little Lucas, who, I'm sure underneath it all is just as sweet as Teddy and Connor!
      I hope you enjoyed your girlie night!
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Love the outfits Sharon and your lovely ladies modelling them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Theresa, and thank you for visiting my blog :)
      xxx

      Delete
  7. Aww, sweet Teddy...what a good little guy. He's looking very cute in that little outfit. :) I love the headband! Your outfits are so nice...I am so impressed by the owl embroidery! Wow!! That is fantastic that you were able to get some JGs! Fantastic price...yes, I really LOVE it when it works out like that. Good luck with your move back to Sevilla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Farrah, I'm glad you like the outfits.
      And yes, I was so pleased that our Toys R Us are now stocking the JGs again, I thought they were probably gone forever!
      xxx

      Delete
  8. Lovely outfits! And I love that owl embroidery, the amount of detail in that is brilliant. And I love the way the colours of the owls work with the bright orange headband - that's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much JS, I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I am itching to do more embroidery but have to do some housework first before I can even think about it....plus at the moment I can't even get in the door of my dolly/sewing room with all the stuff that I have to put away!!
      xxx

      Delete
  9. Ah Sharon, I can see that new embroidery machine getting quite a work out! The outfits are lovely and congrats on your bargain dolls. Nothing like a bargain to encourage more spending though. Hee hee!
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you're so right on the bargain!
      Thanks on the embroidery, I'm really enjoying this machine :)
      xxx

      Delete
  10. Very lovely outfits and I love the embroidery especially the owls. They are fabulous! Your Journey Girl is very pretty and such a colorful outfit. I love your pretty creations! But I have to say that, for me, Nuria just steals the show. She is gorgeous and that fabulous headband looks great on her gorgeous head! A great post, thank you! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Ginger, I'm glad you like the outfits. It has been fun looking for and finding embroidery patterns that are in good scale with the dolls.
      Yes, Nuria is probably my favourite of my Sashas, there is something about her that I really really love, I think it is how her face can look so different in certain lights and how expressive she is. But don't tell the others! ;)
      xxx

      Delete
  11. opaska w kwiatki słodka bardzo!
    a dziewczynka z ostatniej fotki -
    zachwycająca bez umiaru!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inka dziękuję, cieszę się, że cieszył się, widząc w nich. Dziękujemy za odwiedzenie :) xxx

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.