FOR SALE

Tuesday 24 March 2015

A new little friend for Bertie....and other changes :)

I finally decided a couple of weeks ago that maybe having two babies was better than just the one....maybe, just maybe, the arrival of a second 'ankle nipper' would make me pay more attention to the one I already have....and if that isn't the case and the two of them end up sharing the dust that collects on them through lack of attention, then at least they have each other!

So I got this little girlie on evil bay, she is a 1970's sexed brunette with non falling hair and is in very good condition.  One thing though, in her listing the seller said she had "raised lids"...she doesn't, she has the flat lids of the slightly later babies.  Her face is matt which I don't usually like but will see how it goes!  She arrived wearing this pretty light mauve romper, beautifully sewn by A Passion for Sasha....now I want a boy version maybe in polkadots!  Oh and I nearly forgot, her name is Mattie (thank you Jenni!), short for Matilde, a name quite popular here in Spain!

Here she is with Bertie, he does seem to be quite taken with her actually :)







You put your left leg up......



In other Sasha news, I felt a bit bad about one of my Gregors, Jack, who is seriously neglected.  He hasn't even got a wig that is actually 'his'.....you may recall that Jack came to me in October 2013 and he had a serious 'body odour' problem, which wasn't helped by the smelly pop sock that was on his head when he arrived...yuck!  I called him Stinky Boy for a while and he sat in the garden for several weeks to get rid of his smell.  Thankfully he has a much more acceptable 'aroma' now but he did loose all his hair.  I know that I shouldn't have washed it but anyone who'd invited this young man into their home would have done the same....he really was quite grubby.  So he borrowed a wig and then when the owner of that one wanted it back, so he borrowed another.  However, the other day I decided to try him as a girl.  So he was given some eyelashes and lips using watercolour pencils (he didn't have lips when he arrived, they'd been almost completely rubbed away) and finally he was given Bailey's old wig and a girls summer outfit.  I think he makes a very cute girl and for now he will remain as such.  From the stringing, I think he/she is probably from 1971, the same as Bailey. 





 


And finally with Bailey!  I think these two could almost be twins!!!



I think I might redo the eyelashes again when I have time, I've not sealed them so it shouldn't be a problem and will take more time over them, but I'm really quite happy with ex Stinky Boy now as a more sweet smelling little girl! :)

Have a lovely week everyone!






17 comments:

  1. Beautiful babies and Gregor as was looks lovely and I agree they could definitely be twins :) lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise! I remember when I bid for Mr Stinky on Ebay and thought at the time that he was the boy version of Bailey, and got him really quite cheaply too.....so I'm happy that he also makes a nice girl :)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Twins -each one with their own personality.
    Lovely, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new baby Mattie and it's nice that Bertie's got some company for when you are off playing with the others or sewing.
    Poor Stinky boy looks quite fetching in that wig and he does look nice along side Bailey, It's all happening over there in Spain!!
    Hugs Dee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee, and yes, her certainly does need company, doesn't he! Poor boy! And thank you also on Stinky....he needs a girls name now, doesn't he!
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Evil bay, lol...I snickered at that one because it's so true! I love the babies...they are very cute. It's good to see that "Stinky Boy" has a brand new identity...he looks lovely as a little girl...great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farrah and yes, evil bay...I really don't like them, they've got too big for their boots!
      Although where would we be without such a big worldwide market place to shop in? :)
      xxx

      Delete
  5. When I first saw your photo of Bertie and the new baby girl on Facebook I thought then that 'Mattie' must be a later mid seventies baby since she was slightly on the larger size to Bertie but she has lovely eye painting and good non falling hair is such an advantage.

    Sinky-boy has turned into an attractive girl. I particularly like photos 4 and the last one of him/her. Look forward to seeing your re-run with the additional eye-lashes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO proof reading YET AGAIN before the publishing so am only now seeing the lack of the 't' in 'stinky!'

      Delete
    2. Thank you Kendal. It turns out though that they are the same size, and yet I know from Shelly that Bertie is a 1969 baby, weird eh? I like her little face though, despite being 'matt'.....I might have to keep handling her face and see if it gets less matt with time!
      LOL, well you may have missed out the 't' in stinky, but he did spent a fair bit of time in the 'sinky' when he first got here, I can tell you!!!
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Mattie and Bertie are an adorable pair! They look like they could find all sorts of trouble to get into... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn.....oh dear, I hope they behave themselves, I'm getting too old to be running around after two little babies AND five small dogs, that's for sure!!!!
      xxx

      Delete
  7. Jack looks good as a girl. I guess it's Jackie now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you TigerAnne. Well I did think that would be the easy choice for him/her but I think I'll probably go for something completely different....something that will go with Bailey if they are going to be twins.....I'm still giving it lots of thought at the moment though :)
      xxx

      Delete
    2. The only name I can think of is Bailey and QUINN... they make leather bags and purses :)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on your new baby...hope it was an easy delivery :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.