FOR SALE

Thursday 12 March 2015

A busy sewing week....

I've been very busy sewing this week and have just finished a commission of three outfits for the Zwergnase Juniors.  The buyer has seen and approved the outfits so now I can show them on here.  I have enjoyed sewing these, not just because it's been a while since I sewed anything for them but because they are such characterful dolls that I can go the tiniest bit 'wild' with them.....they seem to suit "a bit zany" because they are just that themselves!

I was asked to make a pink set, a purple set and a blue set of ra-ra skirts with long sleeved tops and appliques, so here are the finished results, I hope you will all like them! 

My model is Marlee, my only Zwergnase Junior, who is Marlene from 2014.  She's not the best model for the pink set with her abundance of red hair, but she is all I have, so here goes:

The Pink Set


I sewed individual seed beads to each of the polkadots on the applique!


A polkadot bow and wooden flower painted bead decorates the wide headband



The Purple Set

I have since shortened the tulle underlayer by about a centimetre and added a purple tie dye bow to the hairband





The Blue Set

I really enjoyed making this set because of the applique that I did on the front.  I thought I'd go 'all out' with the owls and the tree and it proved to be a lot of fun.  Then because it had a 'certain' look, I decided that long over knee striped stockings and a matching beanie hat would work well with it.  I think the Broiderie Anglais underlayer on the skirt keeps it girlie...






I hope you've enjoyed seeing my latest sewing and hope everyone has a great weekend ahead!


16 comments:

  1. Well, I know I've enjoyed seeing them all together!

    I'm so grateful to you for taking on this comission, Sharon, but think you did the right thing in only having one Zwerg daughter. I can already hear World War 3 breaking out upstairs as the girls argue over who is going to wear which one!

    Erm.........could we go back on the bottom of your comissions list for some more sometime please? I may be lynched if I don't ask......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you like them Jenni, and hope your girls will too :)
      Yes, one is plenty for me, she is such a moody pre-teen girl! ;)
      You most certainly can, but just to let you know, there are now 17 names on my list and it might be some time, but we'll get there in the end, hopefully!!!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. all very lovely but i think i like the owl set the best ..:) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all ! I think the purple set suits your girl best but love the owl one for all the detail you put in !
    Fabulous job Sharon but doing all these wonderful outfits means your commission list will keep getting longer and longer... :)
    hugs Dee xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee, glad you like them! The owl set is my favourite and then the purple, but I like the pink, just not on my redhead as it clashes with her hair. I think it'd look better on a brunette or blond maybe?
      Yes, the list is long and I appreciate my customers very much, they keep me in the dolly hobby for sure, but I hope they don't mind the wait!!! ;)
      xxx

      Delete
  4. I too, am loving the owl set....
    *S*O*C*K*S .....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I can always rely on your Mrs T!!!! And yes, your name is there on my list ;)
      xxx

      Delete
  5. I love those owls Sharon!!! Each outfit is very wonderful. I love your creations!!!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ginger, I'm glad you like them!
      I enjoyed doing those owls.....
      xxx

      Delete
  6. All three outfits are great, but I just love the Owls outfit! Aside from being adorable, it really suits her. (She might be demanding one of her own to keep? LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Randomfish, I'm really pleased you like them and the owl set in particular, it's my favourite too :)
      This girl is really grumpy because I had to prise the outfit off her, and yes, nothing would surprise me, she probably well demand one of her own...and everything else too ;)
      xxx

      Delete
  7. Love the owl set too, thinking something similar toddler style when you get to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great idea Louise!!! I'm glad you like it anyway :)
      xxx

      Delete
  8. Super trendy and colourful outfits yet again though can't make up my mind today which is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kendal, I'm glad you like them!
      xxx

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.