FOR SALE

Thursday 11 July 2013

My Shelly repaint....

Today we came back from the coast after almost 7 weeks away.  I won't go into how untidy and dirty the house was on our arrival home, suffice to say that I nearly turned right back round and left again! 
And the heat!  Oh my goodness, who turned off the lovely sea breeze???? It is soooo hot and our thermometre which is in the shade has been showing just over 40C all day. 

Anyway, we had to come back because we've been invited to a party on Saturday night so I'm off to have my hair done tomorrow....although I'm sure it will be a waste of time as the heat will make it look as bad as it does now!  The party is to celebrate the 25th Wedding Anniversary of the parents of my sons girlfriend, Virginia.  It kicks off with a Mass at 9.15pm Saturday night, to renew their wedding vows.  Then afterwards a 'bash' at a local bar.  I hope the weather will have cooled a little by the time we're getting ready to go out, because otherwise the makeup just slides straight down off my face as I try to put it on!!!

On the dolly front, my lovely brunette girl came back from visiting Shelly in the UK and now has gorgeous 'Shelly Made' eyes!  You'll remember that I wasn't happy with her flat printed eyes and so asked Shelly if she'd work her magic on them for me, and she really has!  I'm very pleased with my girls new look.  I had sent just her head to Shelly to avoid expensive postal charges both ways, but when I came to reattach her head, so the darn elastic came apart at the metal clip.  I tried fixing it again but in the end I had to restring her with Super Dollfie sized elastic, but all now seems to be well.

I made her this outfit for her return from the UK and although I like it on her, I feel that the smocking is not very good.  It is such a while since I did smocking and even then I only did two dresses, that I'd forgotten what to do.  My smocking book was here and I was not, so I had to 'wing it'......it could have been better, much better!  But for now she's happy with it.  I think the colour suits her and the dress has matching pants, so she seems to be pleased with it!  (Socks by me, shoes by Ruthsdolls).











14 comments:

  1. She looks girgeous Sharon, Shelly's done a beautiful job on her eye's , she now as much more appeal.
    The dress is lovely and the smocking fine!, but I know what you mean about smocking after so long, I keep thinking about having a go remembering making a very fine smocked cushion when I was in the juniors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Dee, glad you like her! Shelly really has done a lovely job on those eyes, I'm delighted with them!
      Thanks also on the dress, but comparing it to other smocked dresses I have seen, it just isn't 'fine' enough, do you know what I mean? The scale is too 'big' for a doll I think!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful girl, her eyes are so much more alive now. She is so lovely that I really would like another brunette too- but don't tell any one!
    As for your smocking and dress making - how I envy your skill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rosie, I'm glad you like her and her outfit. And I'm sure if your brunette girl were to know you wanted another brunette, she probably wouldn't mind because then she could have a new friend to play with! ;)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous eyes by Shelly, what a talent! The smocking is fine and the colours suit her very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much DollMum, yes, Shelly is really talented, the eyes are so nice and well done.
      Thank you also on the dress.....I think this is why I didn't redo it, the colours suited her and I got lazy!!

      Delete
  4. She's lovely - nearly as lovely as my new Shelly boy, Harri. What a talent our Shelly has! So have you - the smocked dress is beautiful.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenni! I'm glad you now have your new boy, I need to see him properly because I only saw a full length photo on Facebook.
      I'm glad you like the dress, thanks so much for your nice comment about it!
      PS Harri is a cool name too!

      Delete
  5. She's really lovely now. Don't be so hard on yourself. That dress is fantastic. Rather you than me in that heat though. I'd be a puddle! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much NyxYz!!!! I'm glad you like it.
      Oh I have to say that I'm melting too, our electricity bill is going to be horrendous with the fans going night and day!

      Delete
  6. She is fabulous Sharon! Shelly repaints are the best! Dress is super too..you talented old thing you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Ronny, you're too kind!
      And yes, Shelly repaints really are the best!!

      Delete
  7. I think your smocking is great - and those eyes are fabulous!

    Penny
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Penny! Glad you like them!

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.