FOR SALE

Thursday 3 January 2013

Fiona...

I've been working again with the macro lens and took some photos of Fiona, my Little Fee Ante, as I've tried many times with my regular lens to get good close ups of her but often fail.  I took these in the garden in natural light, this time using the manual focus rather than the auto.  I'm pleased with how they came out.  I think for me natural light is the way to go, although as we all know, it's not always possible to take photos in the garden.  Having said that, sometimes I find that the light here is too bright, and my photos can look washed out.  I guess it all comes down to practice!

So here is Fiona who has been with me since April 2009, and she was secondhand then!  But I feel her Fairyland default faceup is as beautiful and vibrant now as it was back then when she arrived!




10 comments:

  1. She is lovely Sharon and reminds me a little of my one and only BJD Littlefee Bisou - Jacob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorraine and yes, they are similar, I think it's the poutiness that does it!

      Delete
  2. Oh and absolutely stunning photos, you have inspired me to try some close ups with my macro lens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'm glad you were inspired and hope you get on alright. I was getting a bit fed up with not getting it right, but I feel I'm getting better now, particularly when using the manual focus setting. I look forward to seeing your photos when you post them.

      Delete
  3. Well done. I always prefer natural light if possible for photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do too, it's so much better taking photos without flash, they generally turn out much nicer.

      Delete
  4. These are lovely pictures! I think I've said it before, but I love the combination of wig and dark eyes on her...she's so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Randomfish! For a long time she had grey eyes and I never thought to try brown, but I'm glad I did....I couldn't go back to the grey now!

      Delete
  5. I just love Fiona. She's such a sweet girl and the photos are really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lene! I'm glad you like her and her photos!

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.